Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Done Deal

Immmediately after Charlotte was born, the hospital played the "Twinkle, Twinkle Litte Star" to say a baby had been born. Meanwhile, the umbilical cord was being cut by Ryan and Charlotte was earning a 9.9 on the Apgar test (her first good grade). Ryan texted "Done deal" to our parents, and my parents soon joined us in the room. My mom, Bebe, gave Charlotte her first bath.

Charlotte is a very blessed and loved baby, as she met all four of her grandparents on her birthday! Everyone noted how alert she was...she was already making eye contact with her big blue eyes. All day, Ryan and I just stared in amazement at her.






A nurse put Charlotte in a heat lamp to warm her up and put a little probe on her to monitor her temperature. She didn't like it and knocked it off repeatedly. Ryan and I couldn't believe how strong this little baby was!

1 comment:

  1. OH WOW....welcome baby Charlotte! I LOVED reading her beautiful birth story and seeing all of these pictures. I'm soooooo glad you have this blog to post pictures and keep everyone updated. We can't wait to meet your new baby girl and kiss her little cheeks. She is so precious kate...and i know you are rockin out mommyhood already. xoxo

    ReplyDelete