Friday, December 16, 2011

(A Thankful) Three Months Letter






Dear Charlotte,
I know I say this every time, but what a fast month! I can honestly say that being your mom gets more and more fun everyday. I can't believe how quickly you are growing and how much you are learning. This has been a big month with travelling to Tampa and Atlanta and your first Halloween and Thanksgiving. You got to meet my Granny, your great-grandmother, and spend a lot of time with her. You loved to "talk" to her (you are starting to be really chatty and have conversations during which you look right in a person's eyes and babble), and she loved holding you. I'm so glad you got to meet her.

A few things I'm thankful for this year:
  • You are really strong; you hold your head up really well and can roll from your stomach to your back.
  • When you stand up (with help), you are so proud of yourself. You smile and reward the person helping you with a conversation.
  • It is so easy to make you smile.  A kiss on the cheek makes you so excited and grin so widely. You smile to greet me, and I love it!
  • When you are really excited, you grin and open your mouth. It is the cutest thing I've ever seen.
  • I love watching you figure out new things-- I can almost see your brain working as you furrow your brows and stare. You love playing with your favorite toys, and I can see your attention span getting longer as you figure out how to grab rings and make noises.
  • You are sleeping in two big chunks at night in your crib.
  • Your eating plan has not changed, and it must be working: you were 13 pounds on Thanksgiving.
  • I'm loving our time together during my maternity leave. We have morning playtime in pajamas and have lots of time to cuddle and read. I'll always be grateful for this time with you.
When I was pregnant, I prayed that you would be healthy and happy, and I am so thankful that you are.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment