| Yummy cupcakes |
| Sleeping on Brooke |
This first weekend in November we headed to Tampa to celebrate Leslie and baby Billy. It was just a day trip, and I debated leaving Charlotte in Gainesville. However, when it came down to it, I just wasn't ready to leave my little one so she joined Brooke, Traci and me. Even though I knew I was doing it, I couldn't control being a crazy first time mama: I packed Charlotte two bags which included three appropriate dresses and at least 30 diapers. I also sat in the back of my own car with the baby (thanks to my understanding friends). As always seems to be the case, though, I needn't have worried-- she slept both ways in the car and was an angel at the shower.
Charlotte did seem a bit overwhelmed with all the people. She was checking out everyone with her big, brown eyes and didn't mind being held by my friends but was not really smiling except when she was with just me in Tara's guest room. (Tara graciously let me use one of her guest rooms for nursing, changing, etc.) I love seeing new traits in Charlotte and wonder if she will grow up to be a bit shy.
Overall, Charlotte was a very well-behaved party guest, and I can't wait for her to meet her new friend Billy!
No comments:
Post a Comment