What a fast two months! You have changed and learned so much that you seem almost "big" to me, until I see someone else holding you and I realize you are still a tiny girl. We love you so much; it still seems unreal to me that we get to keep you forever. In my very happy life I've never known the happiness you give me.
You are still eating the same way as you were last month: you nurse then have a bottle. You eat about 3-4 ounces every three hours during the day then a little more frequently in the early evening. At night your feedings are (hopefully) every four to five hours. Dad and I try to make the night feedings "all business"-- minimal lights and no playing. You are usually very smiley during the night feedings though! Actually, you are always pretty happy to eat. Sometimes formula spills because you grin while you are drinking...very cute but messy too
Your sleep schedule is a little more regular too. You usually sleep in two big chunks during the night and have two naps (morning and afternoon). The naps are always at different times and after you eat. Where you sleep also changes: your crib, the bassinett, the pack and play, your swing, our bed. My favorite place for you to sleep, and I think your favorite place too, is on my chest. I love to cuddle with you! I know I will never get this time with you back so I'm savoring every second. You are so cute as you fall asleep-- you blink your eyes as you try so hard to stay awake, then you start to smile as you drift off. It certainly seems you have sweet dreams!
Everyday it seems like you become more alert and interactive. You are now grabbing toys you used to just smile at and look so proud when you reach them. You continue, as most babies apparently, to like toys and animals with faces like the monkey on your rainforest gym and your favorite dragonfly. The texture of different toys is becoming more interesting: you like to feel toys that make crinkle noises and toys that feel soft. You like to cuddle with your little owl and rub it on your face; this week you've started putting it in your mouth too.
You're discovering your own body more too. Dad watched you look at your hands, then touch your face with them, then look at them again. You've started grabbing your feet a bit too.
We have started taking you out in public more, and you've done really well. We went to Books A Million to buy books for my classroom; we were there for about an hour and a half. You didn't make a peep, and I think you liked looking at the colorful books. I hope this means you'll like to read! I've been readng to you daily which you seem to enjoy. At least, you pay attention and look at the pictures! You seem to like when we sing to you too-- the "ABCs" make you smile.
At your two month appointment, you did really well. You are 11 pounds, 13 ounces (70th percentile) and 23.75 inches (87th percentile). Big, healthy girl! You just cried for a second when you got your shots and calmed down when I nursed you. You were fussy that afternoon because you had a small fever.
We love you so much, Charlotte.
-- Mama
Milestones
No comments:
Post a Comment